Open positions at NEWDIGS
Tufts Medical Center is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin.
Senior Program Manager
Tufts Medical Center ICRHPS
Boston, Massachusetts, 02111-1552
Job Id R8155
Day Shift, Full time
We’re saving lives, building careers, and reimagining healthcare. We can’t wait to grow alongside you.
Founded in 2009, NEWDIGS (New Drug Development Paradigms) is a collaborative “think and do” tank focused on enhancing the capacity of the global biomedical innovation system to deliver the right treatments to the right patients at the right time, in ways that are sustainable for all healthcare stakeholders. NEWDIGS designs, evaluates, and catalyzes health system innovations that are too complex and cross-cutting to be addressed by a single organization or market sector. NEWDIGS moved to Tufts Medical Center’s Institute for Clinical Research and Health Policy Studies (ICRHPS) in July 2022.
The Senior Program Manager is responsible for the coordinated development, execution, and communication of the strategic priorities and program plans for the Payment Innovation for Value and Outcomes for Therapeutics (PIVOT) project. The Senior Program Manager will work in collaboration with the Executive Director and Senior Leadership Team of the NEWDIGS consortium, the PIVOT Advisory Group, the FoCUS Advisory Group and other stakeholders to help shape programs, initiatives, and research dissemination.
The Senior Program Manager will support business development activities to grow the consortium, and will manage the programmatic development and deliverables of PIVOT, alongside all consortium-based innovations and design activities that will advance the understanding and application of payment innovation.
1. Master’s degree AND Five (5) years of experience managing academic or research programs;
OR Bachelor’s degree AND Seven (7) years of experience managing academic or research programs.
***More specific experience desired:
- At least 5 years of administration, communications, and operations experience with project or program management. Demonstrated experience successfully leading large, complex projects including setting goals, establishing timelines, managing budgets and meeting deliverables with a team of internal developers as well as external consultants.
- At least 3 years of experience working within the healthcare system and is familiar with perspectives of key stakeholders: biopharma, payers, providers, clinicians, and patients.
Duties and Responsibilities: The duties and responsibilities listed below are intended to describe the general nature of work and are not intended to be an all-inclusive list. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
- With guidance from the NEWDIGS Strategic Director and the PIVOT Advisory Group, and with inputs from the consortium members and collaborators, the Senior Program Manager will develop/refine a portfolio strategy for the project and the consortium, with realistic strategic short- and long- term business objectives that will most effectively engage and sustain industry and other stakeholder partners.
- Translate strategic objectives and plans into program activities, operational plans and budgets, deliverables, milestones, and metrics that analyze the impact and effectiveness of programs and activities. Final decision-making about program activities occurs at the level of Leadership and Advisory Teams.
- Prepare for and jointly lead PIVOT Advisory Group meetings, NEWDIGS Program Management meetings, FoCUS Advisory Group meetings, and other meetings involving key stakeholders, where relevant.
- Evaluate services to ensure sponsor satisfaction. Provide ongoing analysis of program performance against budget and goals.
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and represent NEWDIGS at various internal and external meetings as appropriate.
- Additional duties as needed.
- Manage portfolio and full life-cycle of consortium-based innovation/design programs, initiatives and projects.
- Identify work breakdown structures, cost estimates and staffing requirements based on project objectives and scope.
- Develop effective program plans, timelines, and collaboration processes for multi-stakeholder teams.
- Manage stakeholder collaborators and workstream participants – creating a working model and environment that optimizes their contribution.
- Oversee contractors (writers, researchers, content experts, etc.) to ensure timely delivery of high-quality work products.
- Identify opportunities for growth and impact for the PIVOT project and the NEWDIGS consortium. This may include identifying potential sponsors, engagement platforms, collaborators, and more.
- Responsible for identifying, cultivating and stewarding corporate and regulatory supporters as well as exploring additional funding opportunities, including developing proposals and grants. Work with NEWDIGS Senior Leadership Team to determine annual fundraising plans and targets and ensure milestones are met.
- Responsible for the cultivation and ongoing management of the NEWDIGS consortium. Act as the touch point for consortium members for stakeholder engagement and retention. Be the eyes and ears on the ground to understand the issues and activities most important to PIVOT and FoCUS members and attracting the right talent from the community to engage in relevant project workstreams.
- Prepare presentation decks, prospectus, team remits, interview guides, briefing books, research briefs, and other communications materials as needed.
- Lead the event planning activities for PIVOT, such as Design Labs, webinars, and Executive Roundtables. Delegating and supervising the tasks appropriately to the Project Coordinator and other team members.
- Stakeholder engagement -- Represent the program’s strategy, plans, and activities to key internal and external audiences.
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to meet the simultaneous demands of industry, academia and a global community of healthcare stakeholders.
- Must possess diplomacy, tact, and the ability to present compelling arguments.
- Solid experience and ability to effectively engage, relate to, build consensus and negotiate with senior faculty, university administrators and outside stakeholders.
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship management and client service skills that promote collaboration and cooperation amongst a wide diversity of faculty, staff, students and external stakeholders.
- Requires the flexibility and ability to attend evening and/or weekend events, and travel domestically and internationally to meet with current and potential members up to 10% time.
- Familiarity with collaborative research consortium model strongly preferred.
- Experience working with University/Industry partnerships extremely helpful.
- Demonstrated fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders desired.
- Ability to perform well in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
Tufts Medicine is a leading integrated health system bringing together the best of academic and community healthcare to deliver exceptional, connected and accessible care experiences to consumers across Massachusetts. Comprised of Tufts Medical Center, Lowell General Hospital, MelroseWakefield Hospital, Lawrence Memorial Hospital of Medford, Care at Home - an expansive home care network, and large integrated physician network. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at Tufts Medicine. Tufts Medicine does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.